The economical and efficient D1105-E4-BH-12 19 PS E-TVCS, Stage V compliant engine delivers maximum digging and lifting power with minimum noise and vibration, in line with all current engine emission regulations.
The U20-3α is perfectly equipped to take on tough jobs even in places where space is limited. Featuring zero-tail swing and a host of advanced features as standard to deliver efficient performance and low operating costs.
Advanced hydraulics enable continuous high performance digging and dozing without the
loss of speed or power.
An adjustable track means you can change the width to provide either easy access through narrow spaces or a wider footprint for enhanced stability.
Even with the optional long arm, the U20-3α is exceptionally stable and well balanced, giving it a powerful digging force that makes short work of even the toughest digging jobs.
A weight adjustable semi-suspension seat, hydraulic pilot control levers with wrist rests, and a cabin heater for defrosting and demisting are all included to enhance operator comfort.
Zero tail swing for fast, efficient and safe working. ROPS (Roll Over Protective Structure), and FOPS (Falling Objects Protective Structure) Level 1 as standard.
A choice of configurations
- The U20-3α is powered by Kubota’s impressive D1105-E4-BH E-TVCS engine. E-TVCS (Three Vortex Combustion System) is Kubota’s unique, new engine that enables high-energy output, low vibration, and low fuel consumption, while minimising exhaust emissions.
- Engineered with the power to maximise digging and lifting performance.
- The Stage V compliant engine meets all current engine emission regulations.
- Major components, such as the engine and air cleaner, are easily accessible for inspection and maintenance through the engine cover. An engine inspection cover behind the seat offers fast access to the engine's injection nozzles. A side cover on the right side of the cab provides quick and simple access to the battery, fuel tank and hydraulic tank.
- Double-element air cleaner for efficient engine operation.
- Electric fuel pump.
- When you need to operate the boom, arm, bucket, and swivel simultaneously, two variable pumps distribute an accurate amount of oil flow to each actuator according to the lever stroke pressure. This process is achieved without the loss of speed or power, and enables continuous high performance digging and dozing.
- Cylinder hoses are routed within the arm for greater safety. This vastly improves operator visibility, increases service life, and lowers repair costs.
- A two-piece, easily replaced hydraulic dozer hose design reduces hose replacement time by 60%.
- The control valve - beneath the cabin floor – can be easily accessed by using standard tools to remove the steps and cover below the seat using standard tools.
- A thick, steel-plated, V-shaped, boom-cylinder protector safeguards against accidental damage from attachments or other objects.
- Standard features include a pressure accumulator, hydraulic pressure checking ports, a third line hydraulic direct return for the AUX feature, and a straight travel circuit. All of which help to ensure reliable, smooth operation in a variety of tough conditions.
- To optimise stability when using heavy attachments, the U20-3α tracks can be expanded to a maximum of 1,500mm and retracted to 1,300mm to make passing through narrow doorways and tight work possible. Either adjustment can be made in just seconds by operating the independent track gauge lever.
- With the simple removal of one pin, the quick-fold dozer blade adjusts in size instantly.
- Optional long arm for an even longer reach.
- Conveniently located on the dozer lever for more efficient dozer operation, the travel switch lets you quickly and easily change travel speeds. The location also ensures generous legroom for greater operator comfort and productivity.
- The U20-3α is extremely stable, delivering a powerful digging force up to 18.4 kn (1880 kgf) that makes short work of tough digging jobs.
- The U20-3α features a spacious cab with ergonomically designed control levers with wrist rests to ensure smooth, precise control.
- A high-back weight-adjustable semi suspension seat offers enhanced operator comfort.
- A user friendly digital panel includes displays for the time, hour meter and tachometer, as well as number-coded warning signs for emergencies such as overheating, hydraulic problems or low battery.
- With zero-tail swing, the tail always stays within the width of the tracks, enabling you to turn the cab through its 360-degree turning radius in safety. Zero tail swing also makes the U20-3α ideal for work in congested urban areas and inside buildings.
- The traveling system includes traveling lock levers that activate whenever the pilot control safety lever is not engaged, preventing the machine from moving unexpectedly.
- Kubota’s swivel negative brake eliminates the need for a swivel transport locking pin. It automatically locks the cabin in its current position whenever the engine is stopped or the pilot control safety level is raised.
- For safer loading/off-loading, the Hydraulic Matching System ensures straight travel even during simultaneous operation.
- ROPS (Roll-over Protective Structure, ISO3471)
- FOPS (Falling Objects Protective Structure) Level 1
- Kubota’s industry-leading antitheft system is standard. Only programmed keys will enable the engine to start up. Attempting to start with an un-programmed key will activate the alarm.