Kubota Holdings Europe B.V. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “Kubota”) take your privacy and your personal data seriously.
Kubota understands transparency and respect are foundational aspects of longstanding relationships and, therefore, takes every reasonable effort to protect the information you provide to us.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
We refer to personal data according to the following definition given in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA
Via the Kubota Privacy Centre, you can request contact with the Kubota entities responsible for the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. In the How to contact us section you find the Chief Privacy Officer contact details, or you can make use our web form (to be developed).
Our websites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Kubota. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Kubota, we are not responsible for the websites’ content (including ‘cookies’ used on that website), any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of linked websites.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
Kubota and its subsidiaries and affiliates collect Personal Information and Machine Data. We collect some personal data directly from you, for example when using our website, use our products/services or contact us or we obtain your personal data from our Business Partners and Affiliates, such as dealers or distributors with whom we have business relationship, or from the entities with whom we have entered into the contract for market survey purpose.
Categories of data we collect about you
- Contact Information and Physical Location (name, mailing address, email address and phone number, fax number, customer ID, language and contact preferences)
- Relationship Information (information regarding your inquiries, purchases, your regional location and other demographic information, and dealer transactions
- Machine Data and Use Information (Machine related data generated or collected or stored in your machine/terminal such as machine condition and machine operation data which include hours of operation, fuel consumption and equipment diagnostic data. In the case where you make use of our Telematics products and/or services, we also collect GPS information.
- Transaction Information (in cases where you interact with us, our dealers or business partners regarding purchases and customer accounts)
- Financial information and associate information (first and last name, date of birth, Social Security number/ Official Personal Identification Number/Code, email address, home phone numbers and cell phone number, as well as certain employment, income and credit information and information about equipment financing and leasing activities)
- Information we collect online. In cases where you interact with us, we collect personal data by using automated means, such as cookies. The information we collect in this manner include: – IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets. Our websites use Google Analytics (“Google Analytics”), a web analytics service provided by Google and undertake anonymization of your personal information to perform data analyses.
How we use collected data
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We pledge to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
The purpose of collecting and processing data
Kubota uses your Personal Data for providing you with optimised services and solutions or for alerting you to other products or services as specified below.
- Fulfilment of Your Request. When you use our enquiry, contest or survey functionality on our websites or at events, we may use submitted information in conjunction with other information we have about you to supply you with relevant product and service offerings to better respond to your specific product or service inquiries or respond to complaints. If using the Dealer Locator or Build My Kubota functionality, your information may be provided to our dealers to satisfy your request. Please check whether dealer locator or similar function is adopted or not. The lawful basis for processing your personal data for this purpose is ‘Legitimate interest’.
- Marketing and Promotions. Kubota may use information you provide through transactions and through our websites, to market new products and services and to make recommendations to you. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, we would contact you for additional consent. You also are able to opt-out at any time. You will find additional information available in the section on your rights. The lawful basis for processing your personal data for e-marketing purposes is ‘Consent’.
- Customer Service and Support. We collect and use information about you to support our customer service and support activities or related transactions. This can include but is not limited to, updating and securing warranty services, financing or purchasing, product delivery and maintenance support, informing you of your supporting dealer. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request. The lawful basis for processing your personal data for customer service purposes is ‘Legitimate interest’.
- Employment Applications. We may use information submitted by you either via mailing or online via any Kubota website or portal designated for this purpose to determine your eligibility for any vacancy for which you have applied in accordance with the advertised eligibility criteria and any relevant privacy notice given to you when using such website or portal.
- Performance Improvements. We also use the Personal and Machine Data to operate our business, which includes analysing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research.
4. REASONS FOR SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Kubota may share your Personal Data and Machine Data with the following parties:
- Dealers, distributors, business partners and affiliated companies authorized to provide some portion of our products and services on our behalf, and service providers to provide products and services relating to the sale of Kubota products, internal company processes or the servicing of your accounts or transactions.
- Marketing partners, to market to you directly if you have provided your consent for that purpose.
- Auditors, regulators and other entities, where legally required for official disclosures. We may disclose your data to comply with court orders and legal or regulatory requirements; to prevent injury, death, losses, fraud or abuse; to protect Kubota’s rights or to defend Kubota in legal proceedings; and where needed in connection with the sale or transfer of business assets.
- Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required and/ordo so under any other lawful basis.
5. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Kubota will only store personal data for the period necessary and proportionate for the purpose of its processing.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. In accordance with the applicable laws, it is your right to
- access to your personal data processed by Kubota. Namely, you can obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you, request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you.
- request correction, update and deletion of personal data
- object, for legitimate reasons, to your personal data being processed;
- object to your personal data being used for prospecting purposes, including commercial purposes (marketing);
- withdraw any consent declaration given through the website or in any other manner (if any) with effect for the future at any time, and to access the wording of such consent declaration at any time.
You can opt-out of the collection and use of certain information, which we collect about you by automated means when you visit our websites. Your browser may tell you how to be notified and opt-out of receiving certain types of cookies. For more information about cookies and opt-out options please see below.
KUBOTA’S COOKIES POLICY
(1) Kubota may use “cookies” when you access our Websites, in particular, to prevent you from having to re-enter information on different occasions. Some of the cookies used on our Websites are strictly necessary to provide the requested services. As a rule, these cookies will be deleted after your session has ended. Other cookies, such as for web analytics, will be stored for a longer period and will only be placed where you have given your prior consent. Under Section (3) below, you can find an overview of the cookies used, their purposes and their lifespan.
(2) To the extent that you have provided your personal data, including your email address, during your registration or your access to our Websites or any of our services, Kubota may, subject to your choices, associate browsing information for your device, processed by the cookies that Kubota emit, with your personal data to send you, for example, electronic surveys or to display on your device, in advertising space containing cookies that Kubota emit, personalized advertising that is specifically intended for you, and may be of personal interest to you.
(3) When using our Websites and not disabling cookies, and as necessary based upon your prior consent, the following cookies described below are used:
|_utma||Addthis sets Share and Like options to Social Media, like Facebook and Twitter. It makes sure the user sees the updated count if they share a page and return to it before our share count cache is updated.|
|_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, _utmv||Google Analytics is Google’s free web analytics tool that mainly helps website owners to understand how their visitors engage with their website. It also sets cookies on the domain of the site you are visiting. It uses a set of cookies to collect information anonymously and report website trends without identifying individual visitors.|
|_cuvid||This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to the site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits the site, a new __cuid cookie is written with a different visitor unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to the site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that the application uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.|
|_cusid||This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with the site. When a user views a page on the site, the script code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established. Each time a user visits a different page on the site, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, thus continuing a single session for as long as user activity continues within 30-minute intervals. This cookie expires when a user pauses on a page on the site for longer than 30 minutes.|
|_cuvon||Used to signal the last time a visitor viewed a page.|
(4) If you do wish to control how cookies are used, you can change the settings of your computer and your browser.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
As indicate above our websites use ‘Google Analytics’, for more information and opt-out options please see below.
USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
(2) Google will use this information as commissioned data processor to help Kubota evaluate the use of the Website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other statistical and analytical services relating to usage of the Website. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
(3)You may prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie about your use of this Website (including your IP address) and opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by downloading and installing a browser-plugin which is available here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
(4) As an alternative to installing the browser-plugin, or in case you use the Website with browsers on mobile devices, you can also opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics if you click on the following opt-out link: Opt-out of Google Analytics Tracking: In this case, an opt-out cookie will be placed on your browser that prevents any further tracking of your use of this Website by Google Analytics. Please remember that you will have to opt-out again if you delete all cookies stored on your device.
(5)You will also have to opt-out for each device you use to visit our Website. For an overview of privacy at Google, please click below https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by contacting us as indicated in the section ‘How to contact us’ or by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing e-mails you receive from us. For opt-out options please.
If you provide us with any information or material relating to another individual, you should make sure that the sharing with us and our further use as described to you from time to time is in line with applicable laws, so for example you should duly inform that individual on the processing of her/his personal data and obtain her/his consent, as may be necessary under applicable laws.
Kubota does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from or market to children under the age of 13 years old. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to Kubota through our website, a parent or guardian may contact Kubota to request the information be deleted from our records. Following receipt of such a request, we will make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our records.
If you are concerned that we have breached your rights you can lodge a complaint by contacting Kubota as indicated in the section How to Contact us. Our Data Protection Officer will manage your complaint and will give you additional information about how it will be handled.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe we do have not handled your request in an appropriate manner. For information on contacting the ICO please see their website
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected.
Please note that Kubota goes through detailed due diligence process before selecting the data processors with whom we share your personal data with. Kubota has appropriate contractual in place to ensure that personal data is protected.
8. HOW WE HOLD AND PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal data is important to Kubota. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide, or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. These safeguards are intended to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information you provide to us. We periodically assess risks to your information and update our policies, procedures and technology accordingly.
Kubota stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorized by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
No data transmission over the Internet or otherwise can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Accordingly, despite our efforts to protect your information, Kubota cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us online. You transmit all such information at your own risk.
9. UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice is updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on relevant websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the bottom of the Notice when it was most recently updated. If we update our Privacy Notice, in certain circumstances, we may seek your consent.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, Kubota privacy practices or if you would like to exercise your rights or to update information or preferences you provided to us, please contact us using the details below:
Chief Privacy Officer
Kubota Holdings Europe B.V.
2153LR Nieuw-Vennep The Netherlands