Kubota Holdings Europe B.V. (Head Office: Nieuw-Vennep, Kingdom of the Netherlands; President: Shingo Hanada, hereinafter “KHE”), a subsidiary of Kubota Corporation (Head Office: Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan; President and Representative Director: Yuichi Kitao; hereinafter “Kubota”) that oversees its farm and industrial machinery business in Europe, has decided to acquire 100% of the stock of Pulverizadores Fede, S.L. (Head Office: Valencia, Spain; Representative: Federico Pérez Salvador; hereinafter “Pulverizadores Fede”), a manufacturer and distributor of tractor implements (hereinafter “implements”) and to make the company a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Background and Objectives
- In Europe, Specialty Crops market is a thriving business field which Kubota regards as an important market for its tractor business, which sells narrow-width tractors that are suitable for working in Specialty Crops.
- Pulverizadores Fede, which operates mainly in Spain and Portugal, is a dedicated manufacturer of crop care implements called “sprayers” that are used for pest and diseases control in Specialty Crops market. Its strength is in proprietary high-end technologies which are already in practical use, including a smart and connected sprayer that controls chemical volume and airflow in real time while using a sensor to measure the heights of trees to be sprayed precisely, and a system that manages information on a map, such as the area to be sprayed and the amounts of chemicals.
- In Specialty Crops market, mechanization and precision are not as advanced as in the field of upland farming for grains and other crops, so expectations are particularly high for use of smart agricultural technologies in pest control operations, where tightened environmental regulations call for reduced chemical usage.
- By bringing Pulverizadores Fede on board as a subsidiary, the Kubota Group will expand its line-up of implements for Specialty Crops market and strengthen compatibility between tractors and implements, thereby contributing to reduction of the environmental impact and fuel consumption through efficient spraying that uses less chemicals and water.
- Pulverizadores Fede will keep its brand name, the location of its headquarters and the management will remain as it is currently. KHE and Pulverizadores Fede staff will work closely by utilizing current organization of both groups in order to accomplish their development and business goals.
- Going forward, Kubota will accelerate expansion of its business in the Specialty Crops market with a view to collaborating with start-ups in which the Group is involved.
Overview of Fede
(1) Corporate name: Pulverizadores Fede, S.L.
(2) Business: Manufacture and sale of sprayers for Specialty Crops market
(3) Established: 1967
(4) Head office: Valencia, Spain
(5) Representative: Federico Pérez Salvador
(6) Number of employees: 45
【Overview of Kubota Holdings Europe】
(1) Corporate name: Kubota Holdings Europe B.V.
(2) Business: Management of farm and industrial machinery business
(3) Established: 2017
(4) Head office: Nieuw-Vennep, Kingdom of the Netherlands
(5) President: Shingo Hanada
Kubota has been a leading manufacturer of agricultural, turf and construction equipment and Industrial Engines since 1890. With world Headquarters in Osaka Japan, and offices in more than 120 countries, and with over 41,000 employees throughout North America, Europe and Asia, Kubota achieved revenues in 2020 of $17.3 billion. Although agricultural equipment is Kubota’s primary line of products, Kubota also produces a diverse portfolio of other products including city wide water filtration systems, irrigation, piping, roofing, housing and large underground valves.
Our mission, “For Earth, For Life,” speaks of our commitment to the preservation of the Earth’s natural environment while aiding the production of food and water supplies that are vital to societal needs as our world population continues to grow. That mission is realized each time a Kubota tractor harvests the land to produce life-sustaining food or our construction equipment excavates to transport water resources or provide shelter. For more information on Kubota, please visit www.kubota-global.net or www.kubota-eu.com.
About Pulverizadores Fede
Pulverizadores Fede, with over 50 years of experience, is high-end technology leader in the specialty crops sector. Its comprehensive solutions allow effective and efficient treatments that promote agricultural sustainability, reduce the environmental impact of the treatments, help agricultural professionals to produce quality fruits and improve the agri-food security of society.