Kubota Corporation (Head Office: Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan; President and Representative Director: Yuichi Kitao; hereinafter “Kubota”) will acquire, through Kubota Canada Ltd. (Head Office: Markham, Ontario, Canada; President: Robert Hickey; hereinafter “KCL”), all shares of AgJunction Inc. (Registered Office: Calgary, Alberta, Canada; President and CEO: M. Brett McMickell, Ph.D.; hereinafter “AgJunction”), making AgJunction a company of the Kubota Group.
1. Background and Objectives
- Kubota has formulated its long-term vision “GMB2030” and has been carrying forward initiatives to realize smart agriculture with the aim of providing solutions that will improve productivity and safety of food. Agricultural machine automation is one of the key pillars of these initiatives.
- AgJunction is a solution provider specializing in the development and sale of hardware and software necessary for automated machine control applications, primarily for agricultural and construction machines in North America. AgJunction has numerous patents related to automatic operation control systems and has particular strengths in technologies for automated machine control and path planning.
- By making AgJunction a company of the Kubota Group, Kubota aims to strengthen its development structure for technologies related to automation and autonomy, connectivity, and data. Through the acquisition, Kubota will combine AgJunction´s technologies with Kubota´s products to speed up the development of automated technologies aimed at North American markets.
2. About AgJunction Inc.
3. Reference: About Kubota Canada Ltd.
Kubota has been a leading manufacturer of agricultural, turf and construction equipment and Industrial Engines since 1890. With world Headquarters in Osaka Japan, and offices in more than 120 countries, and with over 41,000 employees throughout North America, Europe and Asia, Kubota achieved revenues in 2020 of $17.3 billion. Although agricultural equipment is Kubota’s primary line of products, Kubota also produces a diverse portfolio of other products including city wide water filtration systems, irrigation, piping, roofing, housing and large underground valves.